Tuesday 12 August 2014

#edchatnz Blogging Meme 2014

"I want to keep the connections going and make more connections. So maybe a blogging meme will work." Reid Walker @ReidHns1

Well Reid - you've begun a bit of a viral meme I must say! Finally I'm getting on to it.

Thanks to +Bridget Casse (@bridgetcasse), +Alyx Gillett (@chasingalyx) and Mike Boon (@boonman) for tagging me :)

So here goes:

The Blogging Meme from #edchatnz

If you get included in the blogging meme: copy/paste the questions and instructions into your own blog then fill out your own answers. Share on twitter tagging 5 friends.

1. How did you attend the #Edchatnz Conference? (Face 2 Face, followed online or didn't)
I attended virtually from Rotorua while still at school though still need to read Storify's and more blogs to see what else I missed out on for the first day of #edchatnz. On the Saturday it was overwhelmingly and excitingly face to face! :) So cool! :D

2. How many others attended from your school or organisation?
Just me :) I think a few of my colleagues from school may have been lurking but they haven't told me yet.

3.How many #Edchatnz challenges did you complete?
1, 2, 3, 4, I missed out on 4 because I was too nervous to ask for one with +Pam Hook (@arti_choke) and too much of a fan girly mess to ask for one with +Danielle Myburgh (@missdtheteacher) and too in awe of my amazing friend +Ros MacEachern (@rosmaceachern) who I learnt loads from to ask for one with her either. I am usually totally selfie trigger happy. Was way too overwhelmed and overjoyed to be there.

Did 7, possibly did 8 but not sure, probably did 9 but again not sure, I was in a Grelfie with a tonne of #edchatnz Tweachers which was taken by +Steve Mouldey (@geomouldey) - does that count?

4. Who are 3 people that you connected with and what did you learn from them?
Ros, Danielle and +Matt Nicoll (@mattynicoll)

Ros - SOLO, big projects, the Brave world in which we work in everyday, how the curriculum doc is set out in particular areas in which we can then assess and work within, life lessons from my Twitter EduHero and also some fabulous insights into how to do assessments better.
Danielle - embracing the lone nut, being proud of what I've achieved thus far, that I can become a complete fangirly jumping and nearly crying mess when first meeting her in person. lol. :) Thanks for being as excited to meet me too, saying "Alex Le Long!" and hugging me - it made the entire experience so much more amazing :P
Matt - embracing the crazy and doing it anyway (onesie time), importance of being the lone nut and dancing anyway because everyone supports each other, that in a crowded room of Tweachers meeting f2f for the first time - he can make me laugh at myself like I do at home when he says something witty and hilarious - in the way where I use too many Um's - "Got that Alex?" haha.

5. What session are you gutted that you missed?
Jeez. Can I just say all of Friday? Um... Maurie's keynote sounded amazing. Would have liked to talk with Andy Schick and the people from Netsafe. Would have liked to have caught up with Catherine Delahunty again too.

6. Who is one person that you would like to have taken to Edchatnz and what key thing would they have learned?
I'm choosing four people - 
My principal - so she could see how big this thing is. And so she could understand why I was a bit (okay a lot) heartbroken at not being able to go on the Friday - and also so that she could be exposed to the amazingness of our education revolution :)
The DP in charge of IT - so she could meet some of the amazing people I connect with on a daily basis and begin using her Twitter account more effectively :) She has passion and has the ideas and the ways to implement it - but having advice from others who have already done it would be beneficial for her I think :)
My amazing friends Clare and Jane - Clare is a new teacher and Jane is an experienced teacher. Both would have loved this experience and gained so much from it.
Next year! :P

7. Is there a person you didn’t get to meet/chat with (F2F/online) that you wished you had? Why?
Yes! Loads!!!! But I was truly gutted to miss two in particular - Micheala Pinkerton (@kaiako_nz) and Toni Cliffin (@tcliffin).

Because I've talked to both so much online and they've helped me HEAPS! :)

8. What is the next book you are going to read and why?
Pam Hook's textbooks - my amazing HOD bought them for us last term when I kept going on and on about how I wanted to learn about SOLO and I only ever read bits and pieces. Now that I've got the SOLO bug again I reckon I'll be able to chew through them quickly :)

9. What is one thing you plan to do to continue the Education Revolution you learnt about at #EdchatNZ?
Keep smiling and be the lone nut. Allow myself to help others to integrate tech into their classes and be positive and supportive when they ask for help or acknowledgement of their changing growth mindsets, stay humble and don't get a big head about what I do on Twitter and how many people came up to me to thank me for being inspirational. I truly appreciate all of those comments - they floored me. Each time. Mainly because I don't see what I'm doing as inspirational - it's just what I do. And also because your toughest critic is always yourself :P

10. Will you take a risk and hand your students a blank canvas?
Always. :) Did just that today - well kind of. I need to get better at stepping right back and letting the learning happen organically because my students are amazing :)

Who will I tag with this meme:

No comments:

Post a Comment