Friday 8 March 2019

OCLibrary: Progress Update

I'd say small changes, yet when people have been coming into the library they are impressed with the amount of space I've created so far. They comment on the vibe, the wairua in the library. People look around and actually come into the library now.

To be fair, I've caught out a few students trying to use the library as a thoroughfare and a circular roundabout to jump out at their friends walking down the corridor.

All these little things and yet, when students happen to walk in, I say hi and welcome them in. They are even more surprised when I ask them what their last book they read was. I'm getting quite a collection so far.

I have big plans for our library. I also have moments of true excitement where I can see the coherence and collaborative opportunities arise with the library as an information hub.

I want to create new posters and make our library a bright place to hang out in.

To do:
- make a reading log for the book challenge
- make or find new genre posters
- cut out the rest of the bookmarks for colouring in
- cut the edges of the laminated bookmarks
- make a wall display for 'What was the last book you read?'
- make a poster for the books to movies display?
- get the big library desk moved out and finish organising the new space in the corner
- bring a jug and milk to bookclub for Milos etc
- make a wall display for upcoming competitions and events

No comments:

Post a Comment