Friday 22 January 2016

MindLab - Assessment 1 - Researching

Today I found quite a few really cool articles and videos. I've used Google Scholar and the library at Unitec to find bits and pieces. Am relying on my inquiry process in finding relevant information to be able to create the most effective info needed.

A suggestion by Jill on my latest blog post where I wrote about my thoughts for this assessment directed me to the most stunningly fabulous man Simon Sinek.


Transcript for the video here

I'm now in awe of the Golden Circle. I love that this is so specific towards the PURPOSE. WHY it is important and how it helps us to move forward to using the what. LOVE IT.















Simon Sinek: "People don't buy what you do; they buy why you do it. If you talk about what you believe, you will attract those who believe what you believe.
10:58But why is it important to attract those who believe what you believe? Something called the law of diffusion of innovation, if you don't know the law, you know the terminology. The first 2.5% of our population are our innovators. The next 13.5% of our population are our early adopters. The next 34% are your early majority, your late majority and your laggards. The only reason these people buy touch-tone phones is because you can't buy rotary phones anymore."

The chasm is incredibly useful too. It was discussed briefly at MindLab this week but think that there is a lot we could have discussed more on. The drawing he did of this with the term innovator at the start, leading the early adopters, the early majority, followed by the late majority and finally the  laggards is what reminded me.



"Pragmatists in pain are the people that move first." - Geoffrey Moore, 

Strata 2014: Geoffrey Moore, "Crossing the Chasm: What's New, What's Not" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zwh8ThUqeC8


fds



No comments:

Post a Comment