Thursday 4 April 2019

First Term at Ōpōtiki College Review - 4th April

When I look at this - I think... Wow. We're nearly at the end! It's been a chaotic, exciting, fun and intense first term at Ōpōtiki College. I've enjoyed every minute. 

I'm feeling more myself than I have in years and it's so cool that I get to share my time with such incredible Opo kids. The amount of interest and excitement generated from my classes and just general learning - but the boosts in confidence have been truly incredible.

One of my Y11s who NEVER talks stood up and did an impromptu 30 sec speech. The entire class were silent, supportive and beyond proud of him. When he did the 50 sec prepared speech - we were all blown away. It's moments like these that provide the ability to show the real talent we have in our classrooms. 

Upcoming thoughts and ideas to action (some are in the process already): 
* OC Poetry Slam
* OC Speech Competition
* Spelling Bee
* School production
* Sheilah Winn Shakespeare Company
* Local BOP Poetry Slam comp between Kura
* Silent film comp
* 48 hr film comp
Etc etc etc etc etc etc

No comments:

Post a Comment