I was thinking it might be good to share some of the new things I learnt during the holiday break while I was presenting at the PPTA Māori Teacher's conference and the Connected conference in Hamilton.
I'll write up everything in a bit more detail on my blog later on but here are a few bite sized chunks for you.
- Google Apps and Extensions: awesome presentation using Google slides by Kate Norton - check that out here
- PLD opportunities:
- #EducampAKL: free professional development run by teachers for teachers - 30th July (this Sat) from 10-2 at Aorere College. More info here - check out the Smackdown slides here if you can't make it
- EdChatNZ conference: $30 - hosted by the new school Rototuna Junior High School in Hamilton. 12th-13th August. AWESOME learning. AWESOME presenters. More info here
- Using Twitter as a Teacher: presentation slides I shared at the PPTA Māori Teacher's conference - found here
- Ako Panuku: free resources - teachers can register to receive printed resources and all resources are available to download on the site - more info here
- POND: awesome site for sharing resources and finding relevant resources for our NZ students - more info here
Hope you all have a great week,