Sunday 28 July 2019

Ihumātao - 28th July 2019

Today we were on the frontline. With my back to the police officers, sitting with incredible young rangatahi, kuia alike - It was truly a blessing to be able to be there. The discussions, the waiata, the early morning korero and general buzz of the frontline and kaimahi. 

I'm so stoked I was able to get up there, that I was able to sleep on the whenua and help protect Ihumātao. So much korero. Many memories. Very little photos. Our phones died last night and I only had enough charge for a few pics today.

Caught up with a few friends, some ex-students and made many new activist mates and connected with awesome people. 

Epic journey. Stoked to have been able to take Te Ratahi, a Y9 Maurua student with us from Ōpōtiki College and to have shared this experience with him and a new mate from Ōpōtiki, Hōri. Such an incredible trip and am so impressed with the whakaaro, energy and overall ahua of the roopu representing at Ihumātao. I wish I could have stayed there longer. ❤️ Mihi atu ki a rātou kei Ihumātao ❤️

#ProtectIhumātao

No comments:

Post a Comment