Wednesday 20 November 2019

Get Out, Do Cool Stuff, Return & Give Back - 20th Nov

https://leoaugusta.blogspot.com/2019/11/home-is-where-heart-lack-of.html?spref=fb

Tautoko. Best thing I ever did was move out of Morrinsville. For some people it was a great town. For me, not so much. If I didn't leave when I did, force myself to keep striving to achieve my goals - I don't know where I would be today. 

It's kind of ironic really, now that I'm living here in Ōpōtiki. Same kind of small town. Same kind of issues. But when you hear your 19 year old sister exclaim, "You have a cool life!" and see her frustrations that she doesn't yet have what she deems 'a cool life' - it made me think that actually, it is pretty cool. 

Awesome job, cool kids, cool people I work with. Cool furbabies, even if somewhat annoying and restrictive to do other fun stuff. Being fun busy - choosing to do cool stuff in my spare time and using my free time as I can. Travelling when I want to. Being able to get in the car and go. Not worrying about factoring in another person, just myself. Some might say it's lonely - I see it as freeing. Being able to see my whanau when I want to, not when I need to. Having the choice to go visit people rather than being forced to. 

I still have a long way to go til my life is as 'cool' in my eyes as it is in my sisters. But it definitely started with getting out. Thinking big. And trying my hardest not to let anything stop me, even if that something was sometimes my own damn self 😂

No comments:

Post a Comment